Extract capture group matches from regular expressions? (or: where is gregexec?)

泄露秘密 提交于 2019-11-27 02:42:23

问题

Given a regular expression containing capture groups (parentheses) and a string, how can I obtain all the substrings matching the capture groups, i.e., the substrings usually referenced by "\1", "\2"?

Example: consider a regex capturing digits preceded by "xy":

s <- "xy1234wz98xy567"

r <- "xy(\\d+)"

Desired result:

[1] "1234" "567" 

First attempt: gregexpr:

regmatches(s,gregexpr(r,s))
#[[1]]
#[1] "xy1234" "xy567" 

Not what I want because it returns the substrings matching the entire pattern.

Second try: regexec:

regmatches(s,regexec("xy(\\d+)",s))
#[[1]]
#[1] "xy1234" "1234" 

Not what I want because it returns only the first occurence of a matching for the entire pattern and the capture group.

If there was a gregexec function, extending regexec as gregexpr extends regexpr, my problem would be solved.

So the question is: how to retrieve all substrings (or indices that can be passed to regmatches as in the examples above) matching capture groups in an arbitrary regular expression?

Note: the pattern for r given above is just a silly example, it must remain arbitrary.

回答1:

Not sure about doing this in base, but here's a package for your needs:

library(stringr)

str_match_all(s, r)
#[[1]]
#     [,1]     [,2]  
#[1,] "xy1234" "1234"
#[2,] "xy567"  "567" 

Many stringr functions also have parallels in base R, so you can also achieve this without using stringr.

For instance, here's a simplified version of how the above works, using base R:

sapply(regmatches(s,gregexpr(r,s))[[1]], function(m) regmatches(m,regexec(r,m)))

回答2:

For a base R solution, what about just using gsub() to finish processing the strings extracted by gregexpr() and regmatches()?

s <- "xy1234wz98xy567"
r <- "xy(\\d+)"

gsub(r, "\\1", regmatches(s,gregexpr(r,s))[[1]])
# [1] "1234" "567" 

回答3:

strapplyc in the gsubfn package does that:

> library(gsubfn)
>
> strapplyc(s, r)
[[1]]
[1] "1234" "567" 

Try ?strapplyc for additional info and examples.

Related Functions

1) A generalization of strapplyc is strapply in the same package. It takes a function which inputs the captured portions of each match and returns the output of the function. When the function is c it reduces to strapplyc. For example, suppose we wish to return results as numeric:

> strapply(s, r, as.numeric)
[[1]]
[1] 1234  567

2) gsubfn is another related function in the same package. It is like gsub except the replacement string can be a replacement function (or a replacement list or a replacement proto object). The replacement function inputs the captured portions and outputs the replacement. The replacement replaces the match in the input string. If a formula is used, as in this example, the right hand side of the formula is regarded as the function body. In this example we replace the match with XY{#} where # is twice the matched input number.

> gsubfn(r, ~ paste0("XY{", 2 * as.numeric(x), "}"), s)
[1] "XY{2468}wz98XY{1134}"

UPDATE: Added strapply and gsubfn examples.

来源:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18620571/extract-capture-group-matches-from-regular-expressions-or-where-is-gregexec

易学教程内所有资源均来自网络或用户发布的内容,如有违反法律规定的内容欢迎反馈
该文章没有解决你所遇到的问题?点击提问,说说你的问题,让更多的人一起探讨吧!