Search all columns of a table for a value?

天涯浪子 提交于 2019-12-01 14:38:34

问题

I've looked for an answer to this, but all I can find is people asking how to search all columns of ALL tables in a database for a value. I just want to search all columns for a specific table. The code people have come up with for the all tables question is complicated and hard for me to figure out where exactly it's searching a specific table. Can somebody help me out? Thanks

回答1:

Just use some third party tool. There are several that are 100% free and you can’t go wrong with any of these because they will save you a ton of time.

ApexSQL Search (searches both schema and data), SSMS Toolpack (searches schema and data but not free for SQL Server 2012), SQL Search (searches data only).

Frankly, I don’t really understand why even very experienced DBAs bother writing scripts for this if they can use some tool for free that will do the job.

回答2:

I have no idea of the column types or data values you're searching for, but I'd guess you're trying to search for a substring among multiple text columns.

This is a job for Full-Text Search.

Don't waste time with LIKE '%' + @SearchStr + '%'. You have to write a lot of complicated code to support it, and that solution won't perform well anyway.

回答3:

In a similar question I mentioned SQL Workbench/J.

The command that searches the database can also be limited to just one table. So even if that question was PostgreSQL specific, the tool works for SQL Server as well as far as I know.

回答4:

I modified this stored proc to take a table name as the second parameter and just search that table for the data:

IF  EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sys.objects WHERE object_id = OBJECT_ID(N'[dbo].[SearchOneTable]') AND type in (N'P', N'PC'))
DROP PROCEDURE [dbo].[SearchOneTable]
GO

SET ANSI_NULLS ON
GO

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
GO

CREATE PROC [dbo].[SearchOneTable]
(
    @SearchStr nvarchar(100) = 'A',
    @TableName nvarchar(256) = 'dbo.Alerts'
)
AS
BEGIN

CREATE TABLE #Results (ColumnName nvarchar(370), ColumnValue nvarchar(3630))

--SET NOCOUNT ON

DECLARE @ColumnName nvarchar(128), @SearchStr2 nvarchar(110)
    SET @SearchStr2 = QUOTENAME('%' + @SearchStr + '%','''')
    --SET @SearchStr2 = QUOTENAME(@SearchStr, '''') --exact match
    SET @ColumnName = ' '

WHILE (@TableName IS NOT NULL) AND (@ColumnName IS NOT NULL)
        BEGIN
            SET @ColumnName =
            (
                SELECT MIN(QUOTENAME(COLUMN_NAME))
                FROM    INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS
                WHERE       TABLE_SCHEMA    = PARSENAME(@TableName, 2)
                    AND TABLE_NAME  = PARSENAME(@TableName, 1)
                    AND DATA_TYPE IN ('char', 'varchar', 'nchar', 'nvarchar')
                    AND QUOTENAME(COLUMN_NAME) > @ColumnName
            )

IF @ColumnName IS NOT NULL
            BEGIN
                INSERT INTO #Results
                EXEC
                (
                    'SELECT ''' + @TableName + '.' + @ColumnName + ''', LEFT(' + @ColumnName + ', 3630) 
                    FROM ' + @TableName + ' (NOLOCK) ' +
                    ' WHERE ' + @ColumnName + ' LIKE ' + @SearchStr2
                )
            END
        END 
    SELECT ColumnName, ColumnValue FROM #Results
END

GO

回答5:

Here is a solution that, like @Decker97's approach, figures out from metadata which columns are eligible for text search. Assumes 2005+ for use of XML PATH as well as sys.columns, sys.tables, etc. Supports TEXT/NTEXT/CHAR/NCHAR/VARCHAR/NVARCHAR, and even puts the leading N on the search string where appropriate. Does not support XML columns. What it does do slightly differently is that it returns a single resultset for each table, not for every single column, so you only get one row per actual table row even if multiple columns match. If the goal is to understand how it works rather than simply having a solution, it will probably take a bit more than this... perhaps I should blog about this problem (I should probably not be lazy and actually build the column lists instead of just using SELECT *).

DECLARE @SearchTerm NVARCHAR(32) = 'foo';

DECLARE @TableName NVARCHAR(128) = NULL;

SET NOCOUNT ON;

DECLARE @s NVARCHAR(MAX) = '';

WITH [tables] AS
(
    SELECT [object_id] 
        FROM sys.tables AS t
        WHERE (name = @TableName OR @TableName IS NULL)
        AND EXISTS
        (
            SELECT 1 
                FROM sys.columns
                WHERE [object_id] = t.[object_id]
                AND system_type_id IN (35,99,167,175,231,239)
        )
)
SELECT @s = @s + 'SELECT ''' 
    + REPLACE(QUOTENAME(OBJECT_SCHEMA_NAME([object_id])),'''','''''')
    + '.' + REPLACE(QUOTENAME(OBJECT_NAME([object_id])), '''','''''')
    + ''',* FROM ' + QUOTENAME(OBJECT_SCHEMA_NAME([object_id]))
    + '.' + QUOTENAME(OBJECT_NAME([object_id])) + ' WHERE ' + 
    (
        SELECT QUOTENAME(name) + ' LIKE ' + CASE 
            WHEN system_type_id IN (99,231,239) 
            THEN 'N' ELSE '' END
            + '''%' + @SearchTerm + '%'' OR '
        FROM sys.columns
        WHERE [object_id] = [tables].[object_id]
        AND system_type_id IN (35,99,167,175,231,239)
        ORDER BY name
        FOR XML PATH(''), TYPE
).value('.[1]', 'nvarchar(max)') + CHAR(13) + CHAR(10)
FROM [tables];

SELECT @s = REPLACE(@s,' OR ' + CHAR(13),';' + CHAR(13));

/*
    make sure you use Results to Text and adjust Tools / Options / 
    Query Results / SQL Server / Results to Text / Maximum number
    of characters if you want a chance at trusting this output 
    (the number of tables/columns will certainly have the ability
    to exceed the output limitation)
*/

SELECT @s;
-- EXEC sp_executeSQL @s;

回答6:

This sounds like you just want to know which table and column some data is stored, not that you want to know that during the execution of your code, or change it. I also had this problem and this solved it:

Download your database in SQL format (using phpmyadmin, for example), open it with a text editor and search for the occurrences you want.

回答7:

I have come across this issue, normally after uploading data from a CSV file where I had to modify the commas ',' in text fields so the data would load properly & once in SQL Server, the need comes to change the modified character back to a comma & it's helpful to be able to search the entire table. Greg Robidoux at mssqltips has posted a Stored Procedure that does just this, searches the Columns of a specified Table for a particular String value. You can find it along with a SPROC that does not use the cursor & more details here:

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/1522/searching-and-finding-a-string-value-in-all-columns-in-a-sql-server-table/

I have posted the original SPROC below:

USE master 
GO 

CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.sp_FindStringInTable @stringToFind VARCHAR(100), @schema sysname, @table sysname 
AS 

DECLARE @sqlCommand VARCHAR(8000) 
DECLARE @where VARCHAR(8000) 
DECLARE @columnName sysname 
DECLARE @cursor VARCHAR(8000) 

BEGIN TRY 
   SET @sqlCommand = 'SELECT * FROM [' + @schema + '].[' + @table + '] WHERE' 
   SET @where = '' 

SET @cursor = 'DECLARE col_cursor CURSOR FOR SELECT COLUMN_NAME 
   FROM ' + DB_NAME() + '.INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS 
   WHERE TABLE_SCHEMA = ''' + @schema + ''' 
   AND TABLE_NAME = ''' + @table + ''' 
   AND DATA_TYPE IN (''char'',''nchar'',''ntext'',''nvarchar'',''text'',''varchar'')' 

EXEC (@cursor) 

OPEN col_cursor    
   FETCH NEXT FROM col_cursor INTO @columnName    

WHILE @@FETCH_STATUS = 0    
   BEGIN    
       IF @where <> '' 
           SET @where = @where + ' OR' 

SET @where = @where + ' [' + @columnName + '] LIKE ''' + @stringToFind + '''' 
       FETCH NEXT FROM col_cursor INTO @columnName    
   END    

CLOSE col_cursor    
   DEALLOCATE col_cursor  

SET @sqlCommand = @sqlCommand + @where 
   PRINT @sqlCommand 
   EXEC (@sqlCommand)  
END TRY 
BEGIN CATCH 
   PRINT 'There was an error. Check to make sure object exists.'
   PRINT error_message()

IF CURSOR_STATUS('variable', 'col_cursor') <> -3 
   BEGIN 
       CLOSE col_cursor    
       DEALLOCATE col_cursor  
   END 
END CATCH 

回答8:

I've found the best answer is just to select * from the table and then copy & paste into Excel and hit Ctrl+F

回答9:

Cutesie little work-around that involves a bit less copy-paste, since the command can be produced easily using queries.

Invert the IN operator in a WHERE clause as VALUE IN <fields> (as opposed to the more common use case of FIELD IN <values>).

SELECT col_1, col_2, ... , col_n 
FROM <table>
WHERE CAST(<value> AS varchar(max)) IN 
   (
   CAST(col_1 AS varchar(max)),
   CAST(col_2 AS varchar(max)),
   CAST(col_n AS varchar(max))
   )

Since varchar is a pretty malleable data type, this becomes pretty foolproof (you can throw ISNULL/NULLIF to modify as needed), and depending on the use case can probably be used across more than one search value.

A more robust solution, using dynamic execution and PL/SQL would be to write a procedure to dynamically build a view of the target table (via reading e.g. MySQL's information_schema schema, Oracle's SYS schema, etc.), constrained to a where clause containing the input string hard-coded into a series of 'OR'-concatenated/IN clauses for filter conditions.

来源:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6539873/search-all-columns-of-a-table-for-a-value

标签
易学教程内所有资源均来自网络或用户发布的内容,如有违反法律规定的内容欢迎反馈
该文章没有解决你所遇到的问题?点击提问,说说你的问题,让更多的人一起探讨吧!