Is there a description of how __cmp__ works for dict objects in Python 2?

家住魔仙堡 提交于 2019-11-26 03:58:16

问题

I\'ve been trying to make a dict subclass inheriting from UserDict.DictMixin that supports non-hashable keys. Performance isn\'t a concern. Unfortunately, Python implements some of the functions in DictMixin by trying to create a dict object from the subclass. I can implement these myself, but I am stuck on __cmp__.

I cannot find a succinct description of the logic used by the built-in __cmp__ for the dict class.

回答1:

If you are asking how comparing dictionaries works, it is this:

• To compare dicts A and B, first compare their lengths. If they are unequal, then return cmp(len(A), len(B)).
  • Next, find the key adiff in A that is the smallest key for which adiff not in B or A[adiff] != B[adiff]. (If there is no such key, the dicts are equal.)
  • Also find the smallest key bdiff in B for which bdiff not in A or A[bdiff] != B[bdiff].
  • If adiff != bdiff, then return cmp(adiff, bdiff). Else return cmp(A[adiff], B[bdiff]).

In pseudo-code:

def smallest_diff_key(A, B):
    """return the smallest key adiff in A such that adiff not in B or A[adiff] != B[bdiff]"""
    diff_keys = [k for k in A if k not in B or A[k] != B[k]]
    return min(diff_keys)

def dict_cmp(A, B):
    if len(A) != len(B):
        return cmp(len(A), len(B))
    try:
        adiff = smallest_diff_key(A, B)
    except ValueError:
        # No difference.
        return 0
    bdiff = smallest_diff_key(B, A)
    if adiff != bdiff:
        return cmp(adiff, bdiff)
    return cmp(A[adiff], b[bdiff])

This is translated from the 2.6.3 implementation in dictobject.c.

回答2:

An alternative is to use the Mapping ABC from the collections package. It is available in 2.6 and up. You just inherit from collections.Mapping and implement the __getitem__, __contains__, and __iter__ methods. You get everything else for free.

回答3:

There is a description of __cmp__ here, but I think the important thing to note is that __cmp__ is only used if the “rich comparison” methods, such as __lt__ and __eq__ are not defined. Moreover, in Python3, __cmp__ is removed from the language. So perhaps eschew __cmp__ altogether and just define __lt__ and __eq__.

来源:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3484293/is-there-a-description-of-how-cmp-works-for-dict-objects-in-python-2

易学教程内所有资源均来自网络或用户发布的内容,如有违反法律规定的内容欢迎反馈
该文章没有解决你所遇到的问题?点击提问,说说你的问题,让更多的人一起探讨吧!