SQLAlchemy - performing a bulk upsert (if exists, update, else insert) in postgresql [duplicate]

匿名 (未验证) 提交于 2019-12-03 01:18:02

问题:

This question already has an answer here:

I am trying to write a bulk upsert in python using the SQLAlchemy module (not in SQL!).

I am getting the following error on a SQLAlchemy add:

sqlalchemy.exc.IntegrityError: (IntegrityError) duplicate key value violates unique constraint "posts_pkey" DETAIL:  Key (id)=(TEST1234) already exists. 

I have a table called posts with a primary key on the id column.

In this example, I already have a row in the db with id=TEST1234. When I attempt to db.session.add() a new posts object with the id set to TEST1234, I get the error above. I was under the impression that if the primary key already exists, the record would get updated.

How can I upsert with Flask-SQLAlchemy based on primary key alone? Is there a simple solution?

If there is not, I can always check for and delete any record with a matching id, and then insert the new record, but that seems expensive for my situation, where I do not expect many updates.

回答1:

There is an upsert-esque operation in SQLAlchemy:

db.session.merge()

After I found this command, I was able to perform upserts, but it is worth mentioning that this operation is slow for a bulk "upsert".

The alternative is to get a list of the primary keys you would like to upsert, and query the database for any matching ids:

# Imagine that post1, post5, and post1000 are posts objects with ids 1, 5 and 1000 respectively # The goal is to "upsert" these posts. # we initialize a dict which maps id to the post object  my_new_posts = {1: post1, 5: post5, 1000: post1000}   for each in posts.query.filter(posts.id.in_(my_new_posts.keys())).all():     # Only merge those posts which already exist in the database     db.session.merge(my_new_posts.pop(each.id))  # Only add those posts which did not exist in the database  db.session.add_all(my_new_posts.values())  # Now we commit our modifications (merges) and inserts (adds) to the database! db.session.commit() 

易学教程内所有资源均来自网络或用户发布的内容,如有违反法律规定的内容欢迎反馈
该文章没有解决你所遇到的问题?点击提问,说说你的问题,让更多的人一起探讨吧!