Permission denied error while writing to a file in Python

被刻印的时光 ゝ 提交于 2019-12-01 14:38:23

问题

I want to create a file and write some integer data to it in python. For example, I have a variable abc = 3 and I am trying to write it to a file (which doesn't exist and I assume python will create it on its own):

fout = open("newfile.dat", "w")
fout.write(abc)

First, will python create a newfile.dat on its own? Secondly, it's giving me this error:

IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'newfile.dat'

What's wrong here?

回答1:

This also happens when you attempt to create a file with the same name as a directory:

import os

conflict = 'conflict'

# Create a directory with a given name
try: 
    os.makedirs(conflict)
except OSError:
    if not os.path.isdir(conflict):
        raise

# Attempt to create a file with the same name
file = open(conflict, 'w+')

Result:

IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'conflict'

回答2:

Please close the file if its still open on your computer, then try running the python code. I hope it works

回答3:

To answer your first question: yes, if the file is not there Python will create it.

Secondly, the user (yourself) running the python script doesn't have write privileges to create a file in the directory.

回答4:

I've had the same issue using the cmd (windows command line) like this

C:\Windows\System32> "G:\my folder\myProgram.py"

Where inside the python file something like this

myfile = open('myOutput.txt', 'w')

The error was that when you don't use a full path, python would use your current directory, and because the default directory on cmd is

C:\Windows\System32 

that won't work, as it seems to be write-protected and needs permission & confirmation form an administrator

Instead, you should use full paths, for example:

myfile = open('G:\my folder\myOutput.txt', 'w')

回答5:

If you are executing the python script via terminal pass --user to provide admin permissions.

Worked for me!

If you are using windows run the file as admin.

If you are executing via cmd, run cmd as admin and execute the python script.

回答6:

Permission denied simply means the system is not having permission to write the file to that folder. Give permissions to the folder using "sudo chmod 777 " from terminal and try to run it. It worked for me.

回答7:

I write python script with IDLE3.8(python 3.8.0) I have solved this question: if the path is shelve.open('C:\\database.dat') it will be PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\database.dat.dat'. But when I test to set the path as shelve.open('E:\\database.dat') That is OK!!! Then I test all the drive(such as C,D,F...) on my computer,Only when the Path set in Disk

C:\\

will get the permission denied error. So I think this is a protect path in windows to avoid python script to change or read files in system Disk(Disk C)

回答8:

Make sure that you have write permissions for that directory you were trying to create file by properties

回答9:

In order to write on a file by using a Python script, you would have to create a text file first. Example A file such as C:/logs/logs.txt should exist. Only then the following code works:

logfile=open(r"C:/logs/logs.txt",'w')

So summary.

1. A text file should exist on the specified location
  2. Make sure you close the file before running the Python script.

来源:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18529323/permission-denied-error-while-writing-to-a-file-in-python

标签
易学教程内所有资源均来自网络或用户发布的内容,如有违反法律规定的内容欢迎反馈
该文章没有解决你所遇到的问题?点击提问,说说你的问题,让更多的人一起探讨吧!