Convert JSON to CSV with Python 3

限于喜欢 提交于 2019-12-01 06:25:37

问题

I need to get some data from the Meetup API, convert the JSON I get into a CSV, all of that in Python 3. I've never worked with JSON or Python, so I've run into some issues. Getting the data is not a problem, but I can't seem to parse the JSON object into a proper CSV file. My code, anonymized:

import json
import requests
import csv

def main():
    # initialize variables
    output_file = 'result_meetup.csv'
    api_key = "YOUR_MEETUP_API_KEY"
    params = {'key': api_key}
    url_path = 'http://api.meetup.com/pro/:URLNAME/groups'

# get data from API, parse to JSON
    data = requests.get(url_path, params=params)
    data_parsed = data.json()
    length_data = len(data_parsed) - 1

data_to_file = open(output_file, 'w')
    csv_writer = csv.writer(data_to_file)

for i in range(0, length_data):
        meetup = data_parsed[i]
        csv_writer.writerow([meetup])
    data_to_file.close()

if __name__ == "__main__":
    main()

Now, as you can see, I write into the CSV as a list. This leads to a really ugly output, looking like this (again, the values in caps are anonymized):

{u'rsvps_per_event': 0.0, u'organizers': [{u'permission': u'organizer', u'name': u'NAME', u'member_id': ID}], u'repeat_rsvpers': 0, u'topics': [{u'lang': u'en_US', u'id': ID, u'urlkey': u'socialnetwork', u'name': u'Social Networking'}, {u'lang': u'en_US', u'id': ID, u'urlkey': u'education', u'name': u'Education'}, {u'lang': u'en_US', u'id': ID, u'urlkey': u'newtech', u'name': u'New Technology'}, {u'lang': u'en_US', u'id': ID, u'urlkey': u'business-referral-networking', u'name': u'Business Referral Networking'}], u'upcoming_events': 0, u'gender_female': 0.3499999940395355, u'pro_join_date': DATE, u'id': ID, u'category': [{u'shortname': u'career-business', u'sort_name': u'Career & Business', u'id': 2, u'name': u'Career & Business'}], u'city': u'CITY', u'member_count': 73, u'lon': LON, u'organizer_photo': {u'thumb_link': u'LINK.JPEG', u'base_url': u'URL', u'id': ID, u'type': u'member', u'photo_link': u'LINK.JPEG', u'highres_link': u'LINK.JPEG'}, u'average_age': 35.555599212646484, u'status': u'Active', u'description': u'DESCRIPTION' u'founded_date': DATE, lat': LAT, u'urlname': u'NAME', u'gender_male': 0.6000000238418579, u'name': u'NAME', u'country': u'Portugal', u'gender_unknown': 0.05000000074505806, u'past_events': 0, u'gender_other': 0.0, u'past_rsvps': 0}

So basically, the whole JSON object in a single CSV field, with weird 'u's, in lists and so on. However, if I don't write it as a list, I only get the fields of the JSON object, without the data, so it would just be 'Organizers', 'Name' etc, without the actual name. As I said, I am a python beginner and haven't found any libraries to help me with it, but I'm sure they exist. Any help is really appreciated, and it would be great if it was Python3 compatible.

Edit: What I would like it to look like in the end: I get multiple Meetup groups in the reply, all having the same structure as shown above. Therefore, the description of the value should be listed just once, as a header, and the values listed beneath (new lines and pipes indicating a new field of a csv sheet):

RSVPs_per_event | Organizer | ID 
5               | Tom       | 1
20              | Jack      | 2
35              | Anne      | 3

回答1:

To convert the json data to csv you need to extract keys and write them in header and then work on the values. This might help you:

data_parsed = json.loads(Data)

header = data_parsed[0].keys()
csv_writer.writerow(header)

for i in range(0,length_data)
    meetup = data_parsed[i].values()
    csv_writer.writerow([meetup])

来源:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46350765/convert-json-to-csv-with-python-3

易学教程内所有资源均来自网络或用户发布的内容,如有违反法律规定的内容欢迎反馈
该文章没有解决你所遇到的问题?点击提问,说说你的问题,让更多的人一起探讨吧!