Facebook Messenger webhook setup, but not triggered

故事扮演 提交于 2019-11-30 02:54:13

I have recently worked with the new chat bot API and there's a lot that can go wrong. So, here are some Ideas.

• Make sure you've verified your webhook under the product settings tab.
  • subscribe your app to the page using your page access token. It returns {"success" : "true"} if everything goes right.

Important

• Make sure the Facebook user from which you're sending the message is listed as the Admin or Developer or Tester in your app roles (https://developers.facebook.com/apps/YOUR_APP_ID/roles/). Messages from other users won't work unless your app is approved and publicly released.

• Have you received any call back from the facebook api ? or is it just the messages? Take a look at the logs of your web server and check if you're getting any hits on the webhook. Also check the error logs.

• Try hitting your webhook manually and see if it responds. You can use curl to generate a manual request. This is what the request from Facebook looks like:

Command:

curl -i -X POST -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d '{"object":"page","entry":[{"id":43674671559,"time":1460620433256,"messaging":[{"sender":{"id":123456789},"recipient":{"id":987654321},"timestamp":1460620433123,"message":{"mid":"mid.1460620432888:f8e3412003d2d1cd93","seq":12604,"text":"Testing Chat Bot .."}}]}]}' https://www.YOUR_WEBHOOK_URL_HERE

So my issue was I was calling GET when trying to subscribe instead of POST

https://graph.facebook.com/v2.6/:pageid/subscribed_apps?access_token=:token

GET will return the current subscriptions (empty {[]}), POST returns {"success" : "true"}

Some other gotchas I hit were,

One thing I'm still puzzled over is how to support managing multiple pages from one Facebook app? Anyone know the answer to this, or do you need to create anew app and get permission for every page?

elMarquis

Another thing which can prevent some responses from being sent to your webhook is when a message type gets blocked in a queue.

If a particular message type is delivered to your webhook but doesn't receive it's 200 response within 20 seconds it will keep trying to send you that message again for hours.

What's more facebook messenger will stop sending you any more of that message type until the first one has been acknowledged. It essentially puts them into a queue.

In the meantime, other message types will continue to send fine.

This happened to me when I accidentally introduced an undeclared variable inside my code which handled standard messages. It meant that postback messages all worked fine, but quick replies and normal messages would never get sent to my webhook. As soon as you fix the error, they all come piling through at once.

As mentioned by others, using a service such as POSTMAN to send messages to your webhook is a great way to find this kind of errors, otherwise, messenger just fails silently.

Exluding of your bot rout from CSRF verification can help if you use framework. This helps for me (Laravel 5.4, app/Http/Middleware/VerifyCsrfToken.php):

protected $except = [
        '/your_bot_route'
    ];

I too had the same issue when I was working on a bot couple of days ago. Followed this gist and modified the code as below, and everything is working fine.

public function index()
    {

$challenge = $_REQUEST['hub_challenge'];
        $verify_token = $_REQUEST['hub_verify_token'];
        // Set this Verify Token Value on your Facebook App
        if ($verify_token === 'MyVerifyToken!') {
            echo $challenge;
        }
        $input = json_decode(file_get_contents('php://input'), true);
        // Get the Senders Graph ID
        $sender = $input['entry'][0]['messaging'][0]['sender']['id'];
        // Get the returned message
        $message = $input['entry'][0]['messaging'][0]['message']['text'];
        //$senderName = $input['entry'][0]['messaging'][0]['sender']['name'];

$reply="Sorry, I don't understand you";

switch($message)
        {
            case 'hello':
                $reply = "Hello, Greetings from MyApp.";
                break;
            case 'pricing':
                $reply = "Sample reply for pricing";
                break;
            case 'contact':
                $reply = "Sample reply for contact query";
                break;
            case 'webinar':
                $reply = "Sample reply for webinar";
                break;
            case 'support':
                $reply = "sample reply for support";
                break;
            default:
                $reply="Sorry, I don't understand you";
        }
        //API Url and Access Token, generate this token value on your Facebook App Page
        $url = 'https://graph.facebook.com/v2.6/me/messages?access_token=MYACCESSTOKEN';
        //Initiate cURL.
        $ch = curl_init($url);
        //The JSON data.
        $jsonData = '{
        "recipient":{
        "id":"' . $sender . '"
        },
        "message":{
            "text":"'.$reply.'"
            }
        }';
//Tell cURL that we want to send a POST request.
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
//Attach our encoded JSON string to the POST fields.
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $jsonData);
//Set the content type to application/json
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, array('Content-Type: application/json'));
//Execute the request but first check if the message is not empty.
        if (!empty($input['entry'][0]['messaging'][0]['message'])) {
            $result = curl_exec($ch);
        }

}

Note : Ensure the user roles within the application page to get the responses from the web hook. I have set Administrator, and Tester user. Only there were able to get the responses. Other users will get once this is published. Also, change verify token, and page token accordingly.

There is an option that is asked while publishing the app about the number of business this bot going to be used by. But I have no idea how to use it. Still searching that though.

If you still can not solve your problem, try to check and update your Privacy policy link.

I updated worry link to Privacy policy, and Facebook show 404 error even the webhoob is verified...

易学教程内所有资源均来自网络或用户发布的内容,如有违反法律规定的内容欢迎反馈
该文章没有解决你所遇到的问题?点击提问,说说你的问题,让更多的人一起探讨吧!