How do I set the size of an HTML text box?

被刻印的时光 ゝ 提交于 2019-11-28 17:16:43

问题

How do I set the size of an HTML text box?

回答1:

Just use:

textarea {
    width: 200px;
}

or

input[type="text"] {
    width: 200px;
}

Depending on what you mean by 'textbox'.

回答2:

Your markup:

<input type="text" class="resizedTextbox" />

The CSS:

.resizedTextbox {width: 100px; height: 20px}

Keep in mind that text box size is a "victim" of the W3C box model. What I mean by victim is that the height and width of a text box is the sum of the height/width properties assigned above, in addition to the padding height/width, and the border width. For this reason, your text boxes will be slightly different sizes in different browsers depending on the default padding in different browsers. Although different browsers tend to define different padding to text boxes, most reset style sheets don't tend to include <input /> tags in their reset sheets, so this is something to keep in mind.

You can standardize this by defining your own padding. Here is your CSS with specified padding, so the text box looks the same in all browsers:

.resizedTextbox {width: 100px; height: 20px; padding: 1px}

I added 1 pixel padding because some browsers tend to make the text box look too crammed if the padding is 0px. Depending on your design, you may want to add even more padding, but it is highly recommend you define the padding yourself, otherwise you'll be leaving it up to different browsers to decide for themselves. For even more consistency across browsers, you should also define the border yourself.

回答3:

input[type="text"]
{
    width:200px
}

回答4:

Your textbox code:

<input type="text" class="textboxclass" />

Your CSS code:

input[type="text"] {
height: 10px;
width: 80px;
}

or

.textboxclass {
height: 10px;
width: 80px;
}

So, first you select your element with attributes (look at first example) or classes(look last example). Later, you assign height and width values to your element.

回答5:

This works for me in IE 10 and FF 23

<input type="text" size="100" />

回答6:

If you don't want to use the class method you can use parent-child method to make changes in the text box.

For eg. I've made a form in my form div.

HTML Code:

<div class="form">
<textarea name="message" rows="10" cols="30" >Describe your project in detail.</textarea>
</div>

Now CSS code will be like:

.form textarea{
    height: 220px;
    width: 342px; 

Problem solved.

回答7:

Lookout! The width attribute is clipped by the max-width attribute. So I used....

<form method="post" style="width:1200px">
    <h4 style="width:1200px">URI <input type="text" name="srcURI" id="srcURI" value="@m.SrcURI" style="width:600px;max-width:600px"/></h4>

回答8:

Try:

input[type="text"]{
padding:10px 0;}

This is way it remains independent of what textsize has been set for the textbox. You are increasing the height using padding instead

回答9:

Try this code :

input[type="text"]{
 padding:10px 0;}

This way it remains independent of what textsize has been set for the textbox. You are increasing the height using padding instead.

回答10:

Elements can be sized with the height and width attributes.

回答11:

You can make the dependent input width versus container width.

.container {
   width: 360px;
}

.container input {
   width: 100%;
}

来源:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2125509/how-do-i-set-the-size-of-an-html-text-box

标签
易学教程内所有资源均来自网络或用户发布的内容,如有违反法律规定的内容欢迎反馈
该文章没有解决你所遇到的问题?点击提问,说说你的问题,让更多的人一起探讨吧!