How to move screen without moving cursor in Vim?

扶醉桌前 提交于 2019-11-28 14:54:01
Kevin Vaughan
  • zz - move current line to the middle of the screen
    (Careful with zz, if you happen to have Caps Lock on accidentally, you will save and exit vim!)
  • zt - move current line to the top of the screen
  • zb - move current line to the bottom of the screen

Additionally:

• Ctrl-y Moves screen up one line
  • Ctrl-e Moves screen down one line
  • Ctrl-u Moves cursor & screen up ½ page
  • Ctrl-d Moves cursor & screen down ½ page
  • Ctrl-b Moves screen up one page, cursor to last line
  • Ctrl-f Moves screen down one page, cursor to first line

Ctrl-y and Ctrl-e only change the cursor position if it would be moved off screen.

Courtesy of http://www.lagmonster.org/docs/vi2.html

Vim requires the cursor to be in the current screen at all times, however, you could bookmark the current position scroll around and then return to where you were.

mg  # This book marks the current position as g (this can be any letter)
<scroll around>
`g  # return to g

Here's my solution in vimrc:

"keep cursor in the middle all the time :)
nnoremap k kzz
nnoremap j jzz
nnoremap p pzz
nnoremap P Pzz
nnoremap G Gzz
nnoremap x xzz
inoremap <ESC> <ESC>zz
nnoremap <ENTER> <ENTER>zz
inoremap <ENTER> <ENTER><ESC>zzi
nnoremap o o<ESC>zza
nnoremap O O<ESC>zza
nnoremap a a<ESC>zza

So that the cursor will stay in the middle of the screen, and the screen will moves up or down.

To leave the cursor in the same column when you use Ctrl+D, Ctrl+F, Ctrl+B, Ctrl+U, G, H, M, L, gg

you should define the following option:

:set nostartofline

You can prefix your cursor move commands with a number and that will repeat that command that many times

10Ctrl+E will do Ctrl+E 10 times instead of one.

ZyX

You may find aswers to this question useful: Scrolling Vim relative to cursor, custom mapping: you can use ScrollToPercent(0) from that question to do this.

zEnter does exactly what this question asks for.

It works where strangely zz would not work (vim 7.4.1689 on Ubuntu 2016.04 LTS with no special .vimrc)

Sometimes it is useful to scroll text with K and J keys. So I have this "scroll mode" function in my .vimrc (also binded on zs)

scroll_mode.vim

There is a new plugin which I wrote, it enables you to navigate the hole file without moving the cursor position. It's based on folding the lines between your position and your target position and then jump over the fold. Or abort it and don't move at all.

It's also easy to fast switch between cursor is the firt line, cursor is the last line and cursor is in the middle by just clicking j, k or l (when you are in the mode of the plugin.)

I guess it would be a good fit here: https://github.com/anschnapp/move-less

Surprised no one is using the Scrolloff option which keeps the cursor in the middle of the page. Try it with:

:set so=999

It's the first recommended method on the vim wiki and works well

易学教程内所有资源均来自网络或用户发布的内容,如有违反法律规定的内容欢迎反馈
该文章没有解决你所遇到的问题?点击提问,说说你的问题,让更多的人一起探讨吧!