Espresso AutoCompleteTextView click

試著忘記壹切 提交于 2019-11-28 08:57:30

问题

So I recently started messing around with Espresso in one of my existing Android projects.

Everything went pretty decently, until I came to find AutoCompleteTextView in my program. I don't seem to understand how to properly click the first thing in the autocomplete list. I'm actually not even sure which to use, onView() or onData() in this instance.

回答1:

I think I found a bit of a cleaner method than the accepted answer!

onData(equalTo("ITEM")).inRoot(RootMatchers.isPlatformPopup()).perform(click());

The breakdown:

• onData(x) This will find the view rendering the data object matching x in the drop down. The data is provided by the Adaptor given to the AutoCompleteTextView, so it can be an object of any type that Adaptor provides, it probably won't be a View. You'll want to use the standard hamcrest core matchers for this (equalTo, instanceOf, etc...) rather than (withText, withId, etc...). It might be a pain to try and find what object this is and how to match it, but there isn't a neater way: with a lot of items in your adapter some of the views won't even be in the hierarchy yet, so onView can't work! onData will make sure to load the views that match your data. Checkout here (this what onData returns) and here (this loads the matching data)
  • inRoot(RootMatchers.isPlatformPopup()) So it turns out the dropdown menu is on another window than the default window your activity runs in. So we have to specify that we want to search that window. The accepted answer uses RootMatchers.withDecorView(not(is(mActivityRule.getActivity().getWindow().getDecorView()))) which seems to match any window that is not the default one.

Anyways HTH someone else.

回答2:

By some reasons which I don't know, AStupidNoob's solution doesn't work. So I found another one:

onView(withText("Spinner Item"))
            .inRoot(RootMatchers.isPlatformPopup())
            .perform(click());

The AutoCompleteTextView itself

<com.google.android.material.textfield.TextInputLayout
    android:id="@+id/textInputLayout2"
    android:layout_width="0dp"
    android:layout_height="wrap_content"
    android:layout_marginStart="12dp"
    android:layout_marginTop="8dp"
    android:layout_marginEnd="8dp"
    app:layout_constraintEnd_toStartOf="parent"
    app:layout_constraintStart_toStartOf="parent"
    app:layout_constraintTop_toTopOf="parent">

<AutoCompleteTextView
        android:id="@+id/product"
        android:layout_width="match_parent"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:completionThreshold="1"
        android:hint="@string/product"
        android:singleLine="true"
        android:textSize="16sp" />

</com.google.android.material.textfield.TextInputLayout>

回答3:

So i finally figured it out, thanks to this previous question: Testing autocomplete textview using espresso tool

Ill just post my version of it for people who might use it in future.

onData(instanceOf("Whatever your arrayadapter contains".class)).inRoot(RootMatchers.withDecorView(not(is(mActivityRule.getActivity().getWindow().getDecorView())))).perform(ViewActions.click());

回答4:

You can verify this library example: Library

来源:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38562341/espresso-autocompletetextview-click

易学教程内所有资源均来自网络或用户发布的内容,如有违反法律规定的内容欢迎反馈
该文章没有解决你所遇到的问题?点击提问,说说你的问题,让更多的人一起探讨吧!