RewriteRule creating 500 Internal Server Error

旧街凉风 提交于 2019-11-28 01:51:32

Your code is guaranteed to generate 500 internal server error because it is causing infinite looping. Reason is that your matching URI pattern is: ^directory/(.*)$

Which matches your URLs before and after rewrites. And once it reaches max allowed internal rewrite limit Apache throws 500 internal server error and bails out.

Change your code to this:

Options +FollowSymLinks -MultiViews
# Turn mod_rewrite on
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^directory/(.*)$ /directory/index.php?id=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

Above code has an extra RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f that will make sure to disallow subsequent execution of RewriteRule after first time since /directory/index.php will be a valid file.

I have got the same issue and found that "rewrite" module is not yet enabled in my case. So I need to enable it and then restart apache server:

• Enable "rewrite" module: sudo a2enmod rewrite
  • Then restart apache server: sudo service apache2 restart

Hope this will help anyone.

You should try adding a forward slash to the front:

RewriteRule ^/directory/(.*)$ directory/index.php?id=$1

I've been caught out with that before.

Alternatively use the RewriteLog and RewriteLogLevel to debug, and look at the Apache error and access logs for further info:

RewriteLogLevel 3
RewriteLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/rewrite.log

That will leave a log file in your apache log directory. In my case that is /var/log/apache

Davi Sousa

If you are using CodeIgniter and is in error problems 500. Follow the solution.

So to delete the segment "index.php" of URLs in CodeIgniter, you need to do 2 things. The first is to edit the /system/application/config/config.php file, changing the value of index_page policy to empty:

$config['index_page'] = '';

The second step is to create a file .htaccess

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|images|robots\.txt)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php/$1 [L]

And that's it! From now on, the URLs of your site/system made with CodeIgniter will no longer have the thread (called "annoying" by some) "index.php".

易学教程内所有资源均来自网络或用户发布的内容,如有违反法律规定的内容欢迎反馈
该文章没有解决你所遇到的问题?点击提问,说说你的问题,让更多的人一起探讨吧!