Using only JQuery to update Twitter (OAuth)

点点圈 提交于 2019-11-27 21:31:33

If you did this, you would have to embed your application's Key, Secret (!), and the user's token into the webpage (which is then exposed to the user). I don't think this is a good idea. (And the risk of compromise is the same.)

This might be the thinking of most other people - however there is a Javascript OAuth library. But it's not inteded for the use inside websites (cross-domain ajax limitation) but rather for other JS platforms (like Chrome/Jetpack plugins or Vista Sidebar widgets).

Iam not 100% sure, but i think you need an serverside script to authenticate with twitter.

check out this link:

Jitter

its an api implementation for Jquery and Twitter (but altough has an PHP Script to handle some things.)

Just pasting some answers I've found researching the same question:

As for rate limits (which is why I came here):

Official Twitter answer: @episod Taylor Singletary

The REST API (api.twitter.com/1/*) accepts authentication for every method. When you use authentication, it's pulled from the user's rate limit.

The Search API, which is rate limited totally differently than the REST API, doesn't use OAuth or any form of authorization. This is where you'd likely want to use vanilla JSON-P requests.

Just because an OAuth signed request returns data, doesn't mean the request was valid OAuth. In contexts where we can consider an invalid request as an unauthenticated request instead, we'll service it. 19 weeks 1 day ago reply

Another Twitter answer regarding jQuery and security.

As for Jitter, I think it's dead.

易学教程内所有资源均来自网络或用户发布的内容,如有违反法律规定的内容欢迎反馈
该文章没有解决你所遇到的问题?点击提问,说说你的问题,让更多的人一起探讨吧!