How can I run nodemon from within WebStorm?

喜你入骨 提交于 2019-11-27 10:15:59

It looks like the workaround with --exec isn't necessary anymore, at least when using the newest version of nodemon and Webstorm 7 or 8.

All you have to do is specify your path to nodemon (e.g. /usr/local/bin/nodemon) under "Node parameters":

@Bela Clark, thanks for confirming.

RPDeshaies

This is the Windows solution

You can just use the nodemon.cmd instead of node directly like :

Node interpreter : C:\MyPath\To\nodemon.cmd
Node parameters : /*Empty for me*/
Node WorkingDirectoy : C:\Users\MyUserName\Desktop\DirectoryContainingMyIndex.js
JavaScriptFile : app\index.js /*or just index.js depending on your config*/

and then :

Hope it will help you.

Alin Ciocan

I'm on Windows and for me didn't worked with nodemon (no idea why), but someone from Jetbrains suggested to try with supervisor:

1. I installed supervisor: npm install supervisor -g

2. Then find where is supervisor installed, for me was in: C:\Users\AlinC\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\supervisor\lib\cli-wrapper.js –no-restart-on error

3. I went back to Intellij: edit configurations -> node parameters -> and added: C:\Users\AlinC\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\supervisor\lib\cli-wrapper.js –no-restart-on error

To install nodemon, use the following (if required, use sudo to run the installation with root privileges:

npm install -g nodemon

This will install nodemon globally on your machine.

Then, in your WebStorm Run Configuration, add the following, leaving everything else unchanged:

• Node parameters: /usr/local/bin/nodemon --exec /usr/local/bin/node

This will instruct the node interpreter to execute the nodemon script using the following command line: node /usr/local/bin/nodemon --exec /usr/local/bin/node server.js.

The --exec part is important, as the execution will fail with the following error:

/usr/local/bin/node /usr/local/bin/nodemon server.js
4 Oct 13:56:50 - [nodemon] v0.7.10
4 Oct 13:56:50 - [nodemon] to restart at any time, enter `rs`
4 Oct 13:56:50 - [nodemon] watching: /Users/foo/test
execvp(): No such file or directory
4 Oct 13:56:50 - [nodemon] starting `node server.js`
4 Oct 13:56:50 - [nodemon] exception in nodemon killing node
Error: spawn ENOENT
    at errnoException (child_process.js:980:11)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:771:34)

The error seems to be caused by WebStorm not seeing the node executable on its path.

The fix for this is to specify the location to the node executable using the --exec /usr/local/bin/node parameter.

Using these settings, nodemon works fine when run from a WebStorm Run Configuration.

The same trick might have to be used with some of the tools similar to nodemon, e.g. node-supervisor.

For those interested for the solution in Windows 10, here is my configuration. It does not show "Terminate Batch" thing and works perfectly.

You press debug ONCE and than you can save change files whatever and the server will restart in debug mode. All brakepoints are working perfectly

For windows users set:

Node Interpreter: Path of the node.exe i.e. c:\program files\node\node.exe

Node parameter: C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\nodemon\bin\nodemon.js

You can also make it work with nvm and debugging still works.

Tested with Node.js 8.1.0 and Webstorm 2017.2

First make sure you are on the right version (in my case v8.1.0) and install nodemon globally -

nvm use v8.1.0
npm install -g nodemon

Then, open Run/Debug configurations and create a new one with the correct node interpreter.

Node parameters should be:

MAC

/Users/[YOUR_USER]/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.0/bin/nodemon --inspect=3001

LINUX

/usr/local/nvm/versions/node/v8.1.0/bin/nodemon --inspect=3001

Save and debug respponsibally :)

Here's the configuration that works for me on Windows 7 + WebStorm 8.0.4. If I put nodemon.cmd as the node interpreter I kept getting "Terminate batch job (Y/N)?".

some of these answers appear to only work for Mac. For Windows, this configuration seems to work (my user name on Windows 7 is denman).

main.js is the starting point file for my Express application.

1. Do a npm install nodmemon -g
  2. Only change the Path to Node to the nodemon.cmd, in my case (C:\Users\Rohit Taneja\AppData\Roaming\npm\nodemon.cmd), you'll also get this path after your installion of nodemon finishes.

3. You're good to go

Per @bernhardw comment, as this was the answer for me -

All is needed is /usr/local/bin/nodemon under node parameters Works for run and debug as it restarts upon changes, but debugging with breakpoint does not work.

Bonus: add -e for more extension e.g /usr/local/bin/nodemon -e js,html,jade

(osx 10.10.5, rubymine 7.1.4)

HTH

npm install -g nodemon

1* goto run->Edit Configurations->Press'+' at left corner and choose Node.js

2* Select Node.js and Press '+' 

3* Name as Nodemon, add path in javaScript file: C:\Users\Your_User_Name\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\nodemon\bin\nodemon.js

4* Click Apply and Ok

5* Run the Nodemon

Script in package.json: "start": "nodemon --inspect -r babel-register src",

First pic: Run debug and it will start

Second pic: attaching to existing running node

Here is a fix for an error I was getting...

If you are using a Windows + NodeJS + nodemon. With an IntelliJ - Run Configuration.

ERROR: starting inspector on failed: address already in use

When I use nodemon version 1.19.1, I get the error. When I use nodemon version 1.18.11, it works!

Good luck...

易学教程内所有资源均来自网络或用户发布的内容,如有违反法律规定的内容欢迎反馈
该文章没有解决你所遇到的问题?点击提问,说说你的问题,让更多的人一起探讨吧!