Adobe AIR to execute program

走远了吗. 提交于 2019-11-27 03:21:15

There's no direct way of doing it. Try CommandProxy.

Read the blog post very carefully. You really need to create two different projects: a native OS executable and an AIR app. The native executable fires up your AIR application. The AIR application in turn requests for the executable to process OS-level requests.

Download the source from Google Code and create two projects -- a Visual Studio/Mono for the sample C# exe and another -- for the AIR application. Here is a link that describes how to set up the former.

In your AIR app's main MXML file, you need to do the following:

• Create a CommandProxy object, add a few event listeners, for connection detection, and Command response and error.

• Connect to the native exe via a connect call

• In the event handler for connect, create a new Command e.g. ScreenshotCommand and execute it (via CommandProxy.execute method)

... and that's it!

Hope this helps.

With AIR 2.0 you now can:

if(NativeProcess.isSupported)
{
    var file:File = File.desktopDirectory;
    file = file.resolvePath("StyleLookupold.exe");

var nativeProcessStartupInfo:NativeProcessStartupInfo = new NativeProcessStartupInfo();
    nativeProcessStartupInfo.executable = file;
    var process:NativeProcess = new NativeProcess();

process.start(nativeProcessStartupInfo);

}

You also need to add this to your descriptor file.

<supportedProfiles>extendedDesktop</supportedProfiles> 

The answer comes in two parts. One, if you really MUST run a .exe file, the only way to go is to use a command proxy. Personally, using one in .Net/Mono is a bit overblown. I don't know Mono, but asking your users to install .Net and AIR would scare just about all of them away. Plus, if I was going to ask users to install Mono, why not just write the UI in Mono and be done with it...?

You could write a simple command proxy in Ruby which really would be cross-platform and low hassle in about 5 minutes (I just did it, if you want the code comment me here and I'll post it). If you want control of the process after it's launched, it's a more serious endeavor. For distribution, etc., I believe that Ruby would be easier.

On the other hand, check this idea out. Jeff suggests using a URL request from AIR. Basically, if your browser would interpret it correctly, you're ready to go. The code looks like this

var request : URLRequest = new URLRequest('C:\\playlists\\test.m3u');

I think that, with a bit of creativity (with Mime types, particularly), this second solution might even work for Winamp (e.g.., a playlist or something).

Good luck and thank you for the question, which is probably a dupe but Google only found this one so you've won :)

I think FluorineFx does what you want: http://aperture.fluorinefx.com/?p=5

AIR 2.0 will have this capability.

It's expected to come out in beta by year end (2009) and ship first half of 2010.

http://blogs.adobe.com/air/2009/10/previewing_adobe_air_2_at_adob.html

Native process API Beginning with AIR 2, developers will have access to a native process API that will enable applications to invoke and communicate with native applications on the local machine. In order to preserve the cross platform nature of the .air file format, applications that take advantage of the native process API must be deployed as native installers such as .exe and .dmg. The AIR runtime SDK will include support for generating basic native installers.

See this blog post: Run an exe file from AIR

Short summary:

"If you really need to run external exe files, and there is no other way of solving your problem, then you will make sure that the user runs that another software before launching the AIR application."

Right now, there's no way to do this natively with AIR. There are some options, though:

• Shu
  • Red5 running on localhost
  • Create a service that runs on the user's machine and connect to it using sockets.

Another way of doing this is launching simple webserver on local machine (in background), and call it's methods using HTTPService.

The background webserver could be for example in python: http://fragments.turtlemeat.com/pythonwebserver.php

And it can launch executables and provide functionality that AIR cannot.

This keeps Flex code clean because it only implements REST interface and python (or other language) the rest of work. You can also benefit from using python as a interface to sqlite database or you can launch whole django as a webserver.

The only drawback is that the server must be already running on localhost .. and listening to some port (ie. 81). you can probably do this by launching the server on start of system.

It's not the best way but in some cases it could help your project as it did for me.

in mac os x, if you want to launch an .app file, then you have to write the following for the file path. (Assume that the name of the app is xxx)

if(NativeProcess.isSupported)
{
    //not correct
    //file = file.resolvePath("/Applications/xxx.app");

//correct
    file = file.resolvePath("/Applications/xxx.app/Contents/MacOS/xxx");

var nativeProcessStartupInfo:NativeProcessStartupInfo = new NativeProcessStartupInfo();
    nativeProcessStartupInfo.executable = file;
    var process:NativeProcess = new NativeProcess();

process.start(nativeProcessStartupInfo);

}

Or simple my website create custom installer to new application read more

http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?834579-Embed-exe-file-from-swf-to-write-to-local-directory

Bonus Tip: We recommend you use Enigma Virtual Box because it is free and it is very good for Application Virtualization or Exe-Packer like BoxedApp Packer but it costs very much than Enigma Virtual Box Thanks!

易学教程内所有资源均来自网络或用户发布的内容,如有违反法律规定的内容欢迎反馈
该文章没有解决你所遇到的问题?点击提问,说说你的问题,让更多的人一起探讨吧!