The root scratch dir: /tmp/hive on HDFS should be writable. Current permissions are: rw-rw-rw- (on Windows)

隐身守侯 提交于 2019-11-27 03:17:54

First of all, make sure you are using correct Winutils for your OS. Then next step is permissions.
On windows,you need to run following command on cmd:

D:\winutils\bin\winutils.exe chmod 777 D:\tmp\hive

Hope you have downloaded winutils already n set the HADOOP_HOME.

First thing first check your computer domain. Try

c:\work\hadoop-2.2\bin\winutils.exe ls c:/tmp/hive

If this command says access denied or FindFileOwnerAndPermission error (1789): The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed.

It means your computer domain controller is not reachable , possible reason could be you are not on same VPN as your system domain controller.Connect to VPN and try again.

Now try the solution provided by Viktor or Nishu.

L. Viktor

Next solution worked on Windows for me:

• First, I defined HADOOP_HOME. It described in detail here
  • Next, I did like Nishu Tayal, but with one difference:C:\temp\hadoop\bin\winutils.exe chmod 777 \tmp\hive

\tmp\hive is not local directory

You need to set this directory's permissions on HDFS, not your local filesystem. /tmp doesn't mean C:\tmp unless you set fs.defaultFs in core-site.xml to file://c:/, which is probably a bad idea.

Check it using

hdfs dfs -ls /tmp 

Set it using

hdfs dfs -chmod 777 /tmp/hive

Error while starting the spark-shell on VM running on Windows: Error msg: The root scratch dir: /tmp/hive on HDFS should be writable. Permission denied

Solution: /tmp/hive is temporary directory. Only temporary files are kept in this location. No problem even if we delete this directory, will be created when required with proper permissions.

Step 1) In hdfs, Remove the /tmp/hive directory ==> "hdfs dfs -rm -r /tmp/hive"

2) At OS level too, delete the dir /tmp/hive ==> rm -rf /tmp/hive

After this, started the spark-shell and it worked fine..

This is a simple 4 step process:

For Spark 2.0+:

1. Download Hadoop for Windows / Winutils
  2. Add this to your code (before SparkSession initialization):

if(getOS()=="windows"){
        System.setProperty("hadoop.home.dir", "C:/Users//winutils-master/hadoop-2.7.1"); 
    }   

3. Add this to your spark-session (You can change it to C:/Temp instead of Desktop).

.config("hive.exec.scratchdir","C:/Users//Desktop/tmphive")

4. Open cmd.exe and run:

"path\to\hadoop-2.7.1\bin\winutils.exe" chmod 777 C:\Users\\Desktop\tmphive

The main reason is you started the spark at wrong directory. please create folders in D://tmp/hive (give full permissions) and start your spark in D: drive D:> spark-shell

now it will work.. :)

There is a bug in Spark Jira for the same. This has been resolved few days back. Here is the link.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-10528

Comments have all options, but no guaranteed solution.

Issue resolved in spark version 2.0.2 (Nov 14 2016). Use this version . Version 2.1.0 Dec 28 2016 release has same issues.

Mayank Gupta

I also faced this issue. This issue is related to network. I installed spark on Windows 7 using particular domain.

Domain name can be checked

Start -> computer -> Right click -> Properties -> Computer name, domain and workgroup settings -> click on change -> Computer Name (Tab) -> Click on Change -> Domain name.

When I run spark-shell command, it works fine, without any error.

In other networks I received write permission error. To avoid this error, run spark command on Domain specified in above path.

Can please try giving 777 permission to the folder /tmp/hive because what I think is that spark runs as a anonymous user(which will come in other user category) and this permission should be recursive. I had this same issue with 1.5.1 version of spark for hive, and it worked by giving 777 permission using below command on linux

chmod -r 777 /tmp/hive

Using the correct version of winutils.exe did the trick for me. The winutils should be from the version of Hadoop that Spark has been pre built for.

Set HADOOP_HOME environment variable to the bin location of winutils.exe. I have stored winutils.exe along with C:\Spark\bin files. So now my SPARK_HOME and HADOOP_HOME point to the same location C:\Spark.

Now that winultils has been added to path, give permissions for hive folder using winutils.exe chmod 777 C:\tmp\hive

I was getting the same error "The root scratch dir: /tmp/hive on HDFS should be writable. Current permissions are: rw-rw-rw-" on Windows 7. Here is what I did to fix the issue:

1. I had installed Spark on C:\Program Files (x86)..., it was looking for /tmp/hive under C: i.e., C:\tmp\hive
  2. I downloaded WinUtils.exe from https://github.com/steveloughran/winutils. I chose a version same as what I chose for hadoop package when I installed Spark. i.e., hadoop-2.7.1 (You can find the under the bin folder i.e., https://github.com/steveloughran/winutils/tree/master/hadoop-2.7.1/bin)
  3. Now used the following command to make the c:\tmp\hive folder writable winutils.exe chmod 777 \tmp\hive

Note: With a previous version of winutils too, the chmod command was setting the required permission without error, but spark still complained that the /tmp/hive folder was not writable.

I just solved this issue in my Win7 environment. I modified the DNS setting with an incorrect IP. It makes my desktop failed to connect to the domain controller. Once I set the correct DNS IP, and restart the machine. The issue is gone. I can use winutils to ls a directory.

标签
易学教程内所有资源均来自网络或用户发布的内容,如有违反法律规定的内容欢迎反馈
该文章没有解决你所遇到的问题?点击提问,说说你的问题,让更多的人一起探讨吧!