GenyMotion Unable to start the Genymotion virtual device

徘徊边缘 提交于 2019-11-27 02:42:48

Update: Before you read further, I want to notice that I didn't have any problems since I upgraded VirtualBox to 4.3.4.

I use VirtualBox 4.3.2 under Ubuntu 13.10. I had same issue after upgrading from Genymotion 2.0.0 to 2.0.1.

These are the steps I followed to fix this, although I'm not sure which one works for you.

Step 1. Start VirtualBox, go to menu File/Preferences menu, go to Network section, select Host-only Networks tab.

If you don't have any adapter defined, then you can create one (as indicated below) or you can ignore step 1 and Genymotion will create it when you try to start the VM.

If you do have an adapter there (vboxnet0) click the edit button. In the edit window, you must have DHCP server enabled AND the IP address and allocation pool of the server must be inside same network as the IP of the network controller. For example, I use:

• IPv4 address/netmask: 192.168.56.1/255.255.255.0 (on Adapter tab)
  • DHCP server enabled checked (on DHCP server tab)
  • Server address/netmask: 192.168.56.100/255.255.255.0
  • Server lower/upper address: 192.168.56.100/192.168.56.254

Still in VirtualBox, select the Android VM you have, click Settings button, select Network section. In the Adapter 1 tab, you should have:

• Enable network adapter checked
  • Attached to: Host-only adapter
  • Name: vboxnet0

Normally, if you have all these settings, it should work ok, but it didn't for me. So I moved to step 2.

Step 2. As indicated by Genymotion, start VirtualBox, go to menu File/Preferences menu, go to Network section, select Host-only Networks tab and delete the defined adapters.

Start your VM in Genymotion. Genymotion will recreate the adapter with proper settings (as described in step 1)

Normally, if step 1 didn't work for you, step 2 should work ok, but it didn't for me. So I moved to step 3.

Step 3. Delete and recreate the Android VM in Genymotion (VirtualBox host-only network settings I left as described in step 1).

This solved my issue and Android VM works ok now. Good luck.

Andrei.

Update: A day after posting answer, when I was first starting a VM in genymotion, it gave again same error again and vboxnetdhcp process crashed (and restarted). On second and later start attempts it worked ok. So it might still be some minor issue there with VirtualBox DHCP process.

Update: The issue seems to reside in virtual Box DHCP server which crashes:

/usr/lib/virtualbox/VBoxNetDHCP --network HostInterfaceNetworking-vboxnet0 --trunk-type netflt --trunk-name vboxnet0 --mac-address 08:00:27:72:4C:7B --ip-address 192.168.56.100 --netmask 255.255.255.0 --verbose
Floating point exception (core dumped)

Deleting and recreating the VM fixed again the issue. Maybe Genymotion sends some invalid data to VBox DHCP that makes it crash (still a VBox bug though).

If as me you've tried everything above (especially windows 10 users ) and nothing helped here is what eventually solved the issue. The solution was ridiculously easy but took a day to figure it out.

1. Recommended to remove host only network adapter from virtual box, to do that open virtual box File->Preferences->Network->select tab host only network adapter->remove all (no worries when you start a vm from genymotion it will create new). Now open Genymotion and try to start your virtual device. Get the error ? that's good follow second step
  2. (What actually fixed the issue) Go to Control Panel->Network and Internet->Network Connections, on there you should see an Ethernet network adapter that virtual box created ( it was created automatically when you started device from genymotion), so right click on it then Properties then CHECK VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver, see image attached.

3. You're done. Start your device from genymotion, should work now.

Follow following step to work genemotion like charm.

1. Open Oracle VM virtual Box

2. File -> Preferences ( ctrl + g ) -> open one dialog box -> select Network -> select Host only network choose you adapter ( there are three button on right side -add -remove -Edit host only nw.,

If you dont have any adapter then create.

3. After selecting your adapater choose Edit Edit host only network(space)

4. Open one dialog box then choose DHCP server choose Enable Server and fill all ip addresses.

IPv4 address/netmask: 192.168.56.1/255.255.255.0 (on Adapter tab)

DHCP server enabled checked (on DHCP server tab)

Server address/netmask: 192.168.56.100/255.255.255.0

Server lower/upper address: 192.168.56.100/192.168.56.254

5. Give ok.

6. In starting of the oracle virtual machine there are different tab like General ,system , Display ,storage,Network etc.. Click on Network

7. Open one dialog box, select Enable Network adapter attached to ->host only network and main thing is that in Name tab, choose adapter that you are choosing in preference both adapter much be match example you choose virtualbox...2 then here also choose that one.

8. Ok.

9. Now play your genemotion. if again error come then again restart to play you succedd.

10. :)

See full video here to see above all step and work well with genemotion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuJ6ZfudFp8

I had exactly the same problem as you, tried everything, but the solution is really easy:

1. Open Network and Sharing Center
  2. Change adapter settings
  3. Right click your Virtualbox host-only adapter and select Properties Enable "Virtualbox NDIS6 Bridget Networking Driver"

I was struggling with this for a while and finally found a solution on Windows 10.

Steps:

Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings > Right Click on VirtualBox Host-Only Network ( If you have multiple do the following to all of them ) > Properties > Check the VirtualBox NDUS6 Bridged Networking Driver

In my case, the only option was to remove the VM and download it again. No re-configuration of the host-only adapter did not help, I used different addressing of DHCP. Virtual Box I updated to version 4.3.4 and Genymotion to 2.0.2

I'm running OSX. The solutions suggested didn't work for me. I'm using OSX Yosemite. I restarted my Mac then I uninstalled VirtualBox by launching the uninstall script (which is shown when you launch the dmg of VirtualBox) then reinstalled it. I also uninstalled and reinstalled Genymotion. Now everything is working smooth.

After you have updated the latest GenyMotion Version to 2.10 from 2.02...

1. Open GenyMotion
  2. Go to the List of your 2.02 Devices
  3. Left click the item and then right click on the menu to **Delete all your 2.02 Virtual Devices
  4. Click the Add button at the top to add a New Device. Log into your account
  5. Select the device you want. You can only select one device at a time
  6. Click the Next button. Notice the Version number says - 2.10. There is other info about the device here.
  7. Your device will start downloading to your GenyMotion Folder on the Drive **C. 8 After you download it, double click it to open up the Virtual Device like you normally would.
  8. Repeat for other device you want

** C:\%Users%\AppData\Local\Genymobile\Genymotion\deployed

I know this post is old, but in case someone is searching google i think i should mention what fixed my problem. After the 3 steps from above the error message was gone but the screen still stayed black and opening an .apk got stuck on file transfer. It had something to do with a VPN application (in my case Hamachi). I just closed it and then the emulator ran fine. This post prompted me to do so: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/genymotion-users/network/genymotion-users/QAX_UrAzEn0/o947IXpsDuIJ

I had the same problem and tired all the above solutions and did not work for me! the problem was because multiple networks make conflict between VMware and VirtualBox, and other VPN connections. The solution i followed is:

• solution 1 :

uninstall virtualbox and reinstall the last update of it

• solution 2 :

If solution 1 not working, try this uninstalling all VPN programs, VirtualBox, Genymotion and reinstalled VirtualBox and Genymotion again. both solutions worked with me

Firewall might be the cause, just try disabling it In my case it was due to the firewall. I tried all these suggestions in the answers and none of them worked for me. Finally I disabled the firewall It worked for me.

Ozesh

For windows users: Disable Hyper-V and its tools

If you are a windows user, the problem might simply be because of having multiple virtualization technologies in your system.

You might be having Hyper-V and its related features enabled. Just simply turning them off and rebooting your system can do you help sometimes.

Here is how you do it:

1. Fire up Run (Ctrl+R)
  2. Type appwiz.cpl and press enter
  3. Head over to Turn Windows features on or off
  4. Find Hyper-V and deselect everything under it.
  5. Press Ok and give your system a restart.

Fireup your genymotion and check to see if it works again. If there is an error prompt saying something like DHCP cant assign IP... just try restarting your genymotion application.

This problem occured for me one time when I had already opened the built-in Android Emulator (AVD). Check if you turned off it before start changing anything in settings.

For VIrtual Box 5.x - the settings from above comments are set automatically

Now for the error:

1.Make sure that you have enough Processor(s) and Base Memory - so the PC can support VM configuration(I use 1 procesor and 1024MB for all VM's)

2.Delete any unused VM from Genymotion and Oracle VirtualBox Manager - seems to reserve their configuration, though you use it or not(that specific VM)

I had a same kind of issue starting Genymotion on Ubuntu 16.04 and solved it in this way https://medium.com/@avanvitharana/genymotion-on-ubuntu-16-04-cb8ef8fc70e9#.6y0bgmmjb

it worked for me when I start Gennymotion in Admin mode

Also make sure to update your Oracle VM Virtual Box. I tried everything but later realized that the issue was due to the use of older version of Virtual Box.

The number of CPUs is insufficient. Select 1 CPU in Genymotion and restart the device.

Please download new Virtual Box and Install it.

For Download Virtual Box use below link:

https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

These works for me.

Andreas Reiff

If all the other answers here fail (you can check that you have a correctly created host-only network in VirtualBox, which is basically what other answers here come down to):

https://stackoverflow.com/a/33733454/586754 (with screenshot) worked for me.

Basically, go to Windows network adapter settings for the "VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter" and check "VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver".

This made both Genymotion and Xamarin Android Player work again.

易学教程内所有资源均来自网络或用户发布的内容,如有违反法律规定的内容欢迎反馈
该文章没有解决你所遇到的问题?点击提问,说说你的问题,让更多的人一起探讨吧!