Can I set rotation field for a video stream with FFmpeg?

爷,独闯天下 提交于 2019-11-27 00:07:01

问题

I have a video file. I open it with MediaInfo utility and I can see a video stream in this file having attribute Rotation 90 (along with other attributes such as CodecID, bitrate etc).

Now I have another video file which does not have that attribute Rotation 90, it does not have the Rotation attribute at all.

Can I use ffmpeg.exe so that it produces output file with Rotation 90 attribute added and with no other changes? I don't really want to do any transform, just want to set the Rotation attribute.

I've tried the -metadata option to no avail.

回答1:

This works with recent FFmpeg:

ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -c copy -metadata:s:v:0 rotate=90 output.mp4

This will stream copy the bitstreams, so no encoding is performed. Only the metadata of the first video stream (v:0) is changed here and the player will show the video in a rotated way. (Not all players will support this.)

Additional notes:

• If you want to "physically" rotate the video, you have to use the transpose filter. Filtering will require re-encoding, so you will have to remove -c copy.

• If you omit -c copy, and want to encode instead of only re-muxing, then ffmpeg will automatically rotate the video if there is any existing rotate metadata. You can disable this behavior with -noautorotate.

来源:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15335073/can-i-set-rotation-field-for-a-video-stream-with-ffmpeg

易学教程内所有资源均来自网络或用户发布的内容,如有违反法律规定的内容欢迎反馈
该文章没有解决你所遇到的问题?点击提问,说说你的问题,让更多的人一起探讨吧!