How do I “use” a Perl module in a directory not in @INC?

北慕城南 提交于 2019-11-26 19:43:18
ephemient

use takes place at compile-time, so this would work:

BEGIN {push @INC, '..'}
use EPMS;

But the better solution is to use lib, which is a nicer way of writing the above:

use lib '..';
use EPMS;

In case you are running from a different directory, though, the use of FindBin is recommended:

use FindBin;                     # locate this script
use lib "$FindBin::RealBin/..";  # use the parent directory
use EPMS;

There are several ways you can modify @INC.

• set PERL5LIB, as documented in perlrun

• use the -I switch on the command line, also documented in perlrun. You can also apply this automatically with PERL5OPT, but just use PERL5LIB if you are going to do that.

• use lib inside your program, although this is fragile since another person on a different machine might have it in a different directory.

• Manually modify @INC, making sure you do that at compile time if you want to pull in a module with use. That's too much work though.

Personally I prefer to keep my modules (those that I write for myself or for systems I can control) in a certain directory, and also to place them in a subdirectory. As in:

/www/modules/MyMods/Foo.pm
/www/modules/MyMods/Bar.pm

And then where I use them:

use lib qw(/www/modules);
use MyMods::Foo;
use MyMods::Bar;

As an aside.. when it comes to pushing, I prefer the fat-arrow comma:

push @array => $pushee;

But that's just a matter of preference.

zigdon

'use lib' is the answer, as @ephemient mentioned earlier. One other option is to use require/import instead of use. It means the module wouldn't be loaded at compile time, but instead in runtime.

That will allow you to modify @INC as you tried there, or you could pass require a path to the file instead of the module name. From 'perldoc -f require':

If EXPR is a bareword, the require assumes a ".pm" extension and replaces "::" with "/" in the filename for you, to make it easy to load standard modules. This form of loading of modules does not risk altering your namespace.

You have to have the push processed before the use is -- and use is processed early. So, you'll need a BEGIN { push @INC, ".."; } to have a chance, I believe.

As reported by "perldoc -f use":

It is exactly equivalent to
BEGIN { require Module; import Module LIST; }
except that Module must be a bareword.

Putting that another way, "use" is equivalent to:

• running at compile time,
  • converting the package name to a file name,
  • require-ing that file name, and
  • import-ing that package.

So, instead of calling use, you can call require and import inside a BEGIN block:

BEGIN {
  require '../EPMS.pm';
  EPMS->import();
}

And of course, if your module don't actually do any symbol exporting or other initialization when you call import, you can leave that line out:

BEGIN {
  require '../EPMS.pm';
}
易学教程内所有资源均来自网络或用户发布的内容,如有违反法律规定的内容欢迎反馈
该文章没有解决你所遇到的问题?点击提问,说说你的问题,让更多的人一起探讨吧!