How to copy to clipboard using Access/VBA?

送分小仙女□ 提交于 2019-11-26 18:44:54

VB 6 provides a Clipboard object that makes all of this extremely simple and convenient, but unfortunately that's not available from VBA.

If it were me, I'd go the API route. There's no reason to be scared of calling native APIs; the language provides you with the ability to do that for a reason.

However, a simpler alternative is to use the DataObject class, which is part of the Forms library. I would only recommend going this route if you are already using functionality from the Forms library in your app. Adding a reference to this library only to use the clipboard seems a bit silly.

For example, to place some text on the clipboard, you could use the following code:

Dim clipboard As MSForms.DataObject
Set clipboard = New MSForms.DataObject
clipboard.SetText "A string value"
clipboard.PutInClipboard

Or, to copy text from the clipboard into a string variable:

Dim clipboard As MSForms.DataObject
Dim strContents As String

Set clipboard = New MSForms.DataObject
clipboard.GetFromClipboard
strContents = clipboard.GetText

I couldn't figure out how to use the API using the first Google results. Fortunately a thread somewhere pointed me to this link: http://access.mvps.org/access/api/api0049.htm

Which works nicely. :)

Jim Tonti

User Leigh Webber on the social.msdn.microsoft.com site posted VBA code implementing an easy-to-use clipboard interface that uses the Windows API:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/worddev/thread/ee9e0d28-0f1e-467f-8d1d-1a86b2db2878

You can get Leigh Webber's source code here

If this link doesn't go through, search for "A clipboard object for VBA" in the Office Dev Center > Microsoft Office for Developers Forums > Word for Developers section.

I created the two classes, ran his test cases, and it worked perfectly inside Outlook 2007 SP3 32-bit VBA under Windows 7 64-bit. It will most likely work for Access. Tip: To rename classes, select the class in the VBA 'Project' window, then click 'View' on the menu bar and click 'Properties Window' (or just hit F4).

With his classes, this is what it takes to copy to/from the clipboard:

Dim myClipboard As New vbaClipboard  ' Create clipboard

' Copy text to clipboard as ClipboardFormat TEXT (CF_TEXT)    
myClipboard.SetClipboardText "Text to put in clipboard", "CF_TEXT"    

' Retrieve clipboard text in CF_TEXT format (CF_TEXT = 1)
mytxt = myClipboard.GetClipboardText(1)

He also provides other functions for manipulating the clipboard.

It also overcomes 32KB MSForms_DataObject.SetText limitation - the main reason why SetText often fails. However, bear in mind that, unfortunatelly, I haven't found a reference on Microsoft recognizing this limitation.

-Jim

易学教程内所有资源均来自网络或用户发布的内容,如有违反法律规定的内容欢迎反馈
该文章没有解决你所遇到的问题?点击提问,说说你的问题,让更多的人一起探讨吧!