Are dollar-signs allowed in identifiers in C++03?

白昼怎懂夜的黑 提交于 2019-11-26 18:25:50

问题

What does the C++ standard say about using dollar signs in identifiers, such as Hello$World? Are they legal?

回答1:

A c++ identifier can be composed of any of the following: _ (underscore), the digits 0-9, the letters a-z (both upper and lower case) and cannot start with a number.

There are a number of exceptions as C99 allows extensions to the standard (e.g. visual studio).

回答2:

They are illegal. The only legal characters in identifiers are letters, numbers, and _. Identifiers also cannot start with numbers.

回答3:

In C++03, the answers given earlier are correct: they are illegal. In C++11 the situation changed however:

The answer here is "Maybe":
According to §2.11, identifiers may consist of digits and identifier-nondigits, starting with one of the latter. identifier-nondigits are the usual a-z, A-Z and underscore, in addition since C++11 they include universal-character-names (e.g. \uBEAF, \UC0FFEE32), and other implementation-defined characters. So it is implementation defined if using $ in an identifier is allowed. VC10 and up supports that, maybe earlier versions, too. It even supports identifiers like こんばんは.

But: I wouldn't use them. Make identifiers as readable and portable as possible. $ is implementation defined and thus not portable.

回答4:

Not legal, but many if not most of compilers support them, note this may depend on platform, thus gcc on arm does not support them due to assembly restrictions.

回答5:

The relevant section is "2.8 Identifiers [lex.name]". From the basic character set, the only valid characters are A-Z a-z 0-9 and _. However, characters like é (U+00E9) are also allowed. Depending on your compiler, you might need to enter é as \u00e9, though.

回答6:

They are not legal in C++. However some C/C++ derived languages (such as Java and JavaScript) do allow them.

回答7:

Illegal. I think the dollar sign and backtick are the only punctuation marks on my keyboard that aren't used in C++ somewhere (the "%" sign is in format strings, which are in C++ by reference to the C standard).

来源:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/936744/are-dollar-signs-allowed-in-identifiers-in-c03

标签
易学教程内所有资源均来自网络或用户发布的内容,如有违反法律规定的内容欢迎反馈
该文章没有解决你所遇到的问题?点击提问,说说你的问题,让更多的人一起探讨吧!