Update gensim word2vec model

此生再无相见时 提交于 2019-11-26 16:13:11

问题

I have a word2vec model in gensim trained over 98892 documents. For any given sentence that is not present in the sentences array (i.e. the set over which I trained the model), I need to update the model with that sentence so that querying it next time gives out some results. I am doing it like this:

new_sentence = ['moscow', 'weather', 'cold']
model.train(new_sentence)

and its printing this as logs:

2014-03-01 16:46:58,061 : INFO : training model with 1 workers on 98892 vocabulary and 100 features
2014-03-01 16:46:58,211 : INFO : reached the end of input; waiting to finish 1 outstanding jobs
2014-03-01 16:46:58,235 : INFO : training on 10 words took 0.1s, 174 words/s

Now, when I query with similar new_sentence for most positives (as model.most_similar(positive=new_sentence)) it gives out error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<pyshell#220>", line 1, in <module>
 model.most_similar(positive=['moscow', 'weather', 'cold'])
 File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/gensim/models/word2vec.py", line 405, in most_similar
 raise KeyError("word '%s' not in vocabulary" % word)
  KeyError: "word 'cold' not in vocabulary"

Which indicates that the word 'cold' is not part of the vocabulary over which i trained the thing (am I right)?

So the question is: How to update the model so that it gives out all the possible similarities for the given new sentence?

回答1:

1. train() expects a sequence of sentences on input, not one sentence.

2. train() only updates weights for existing feature vectors based on existing vocabulary. You cannot add new vocabulary (=new feature vectors) using train().

回答2:

As of gensim 0.13.3 it's possible to do online training of Word2Vec with gensim.

model.build_vocab(new_sentences, update=True)
model.train(new_sentences)

回答3:

If your model was generated using the C tool load_word2vec_format it is not possible to update that model. See the word2vec tutorial section on Online Training Word2Vec Tutorial:

Note that it’s not possible to resume training with models generated by the C tool, load_word2vec_format(). You can still use them for querying/similarity, but information vital for training (the vocab tree) is missing there.

回答4:

First of all, you cannot add new words to a pre-trained model's.

However, there's a "new" doc2vec model published in 2014 which meets all your requirement. You can use it to train a document vector instead of getting a set of word vector then combine them. The best part is doc2vec can infer unseen sentences after training. Although the model is still unchangable, you can get a pretty good inference result based on my experiment.

回答5:

Problem is that you can not retrain word2vec model with new Sentences. Only doc2vec allows it. Try doc2vec model.

回答6:

You can add to the model vocabulary, and add to the embedding using FastText.

from gensim.models import FastText

Here you can see some FastText examples. Here you can see how to use FastText to score Out-of-vocabulary (OOV) instances.

来源:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22121028/update-gensim-word2vec-model

标签
易学教程内所有资源均来自网络或用户发布的内容,如有违反法律规定的内容欢迎反馈
该文章没有解决你所遇到的问题?点击提问,说说你的问题,让更多的人一起探讨吧!