Debug a modal dialog (showModalDialog) in IE

一个人想着一个人 提交于 2019-12-02 21:48:36
row1

F12 works to bring up the developer tools if you turn the address bar on.

Go Tools / Internet options / Security / (pick the right zone for your site) / Custom Level Under "Miscellaneous" Under "Allow websites to open windows without address or status bars", choose "Disable".

Source: https://stackoverflow.com/a/10984858/79835

i do it by creating an error in the js code, which then brings up the error window asking if you want to debug the script.

one way to do that would be to call a non-existent method somewhere in the code.

e.g. blabla();

What I do when i'm debugging modal windows are two things.

• You can include in your js code the instruction debugger; that will stop the js execution as if you had put a breakpoint.
  • You can also open the ie developer tools before opening the modal window and, once it's open, you can review the generated code in the script tab, adding breakpoints, pausing execution,... everything you need.

Hope it helps!

Bill

You can now put the word debugger without quotes in your javascript.

IE and Chrome should both break on it as if you had set a breakpoint on it. Make sure its on a line by itself. Press F12 to open the browser debugger and then refresh your page or trigger the event to run your javascript and the debugger should automatically display the code with the breakpoint set.

易学教程内所有资源均来自网络或用户发布的内容,如有违反法律规定的内容欢迎反馈
该文章没有解决你所遇到的问题?点击提问,说说你的问题,让更多的人一起探讨吧!